We Balance Power
Using technology to democratise energy and enable a sustainable future, we enable commercial electricity customers to get paid by actively supporting the reliability, security and stability of national electricity grids.
Our team is truly passionate about enabling a low carbon future, through developing the most advanced gridware technologies
Dr. Paddy Finn, VIOTAS CEO & CTO
Market-leading smart grid technology and services
VIOTAS was born from a desire and drive to lead the development of smart grid technology and accelerate the use of renewable energy worldwide.
We are passionate about enabling a low carbon future through developing the most advanced smart grid technologies. Our dedicated research and development team, VIOTAS Innovation, develops leading-edge technologies to empower our customers to earn revenue and help balance the use of renewable energy in the grid.
These technologies enable commercial or industrial businesses to actively support the security and stability of national electricity grids. By becoming active participants in the power system, our customers are rewarded by earning revenue. As they are playing a key role in accelerating the greater use of renewable energy in their markets, they are also helping to reduce their own carbon impact.
Choosing VIOTAS means partnering with a helpful and knowledgeable team who is truly passionate about bringing market-leading innovation to our customers and helping enable a global low carbon future.
Low Carbon Future
Increased Renewable Energy
Cutting Edge R&D
National Grid Security
Our clients can provide more power to the grid than some of the country’s main power stations.
Meet the Leadership Team
VIOTAS is led by a senior team of industry experts focused on developing and delivering smart grid solutions to accelerate the use of renewable energy worldwide and create earning opportunities for our clients.
Innovative. Positive. Proactive.
Innovation to drive transformation.
VIOTAS was born from a desire and drive to lead the development of smart grid technology and accelerate the use of renewable energy worldwide. We are passionate about finding ways to enable a global low carbon future through developing the most advanced and innovative technologies.
The story behind VIOTAS
- 50+ Team, more jobs announced
- Demand response portfolio exceeds 150 MW in Ireland
- Electricity Exchange becomes VIOTAS
- VIOTAS Australia is launched
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50
- VIO Link wins numerous disruptive technology awards
- Demand response portfolio exceeds 100 MW in Ireland
- Featured as EY Entrepreneur of the Year finalist
- Contracted to provide frequency response as part of Ireland’s new DS3 System Services
- Research and development programme targets technical challenges posed by high levels of renewable energy on the power system
- Entered a joint venture with Bord Na Móna
- Curtailment Avoidance service launched to reduce waste of excess renewable energy on the power system
- Grows to become the 2nd largest demand-side aggregator in Ireland
- VIO Link demonstrates market-leading frequency response capability on Ireland’s power system
- Began trading in the electricity market with 4MW and a team of 6
- Founded in Limerick, Ireland by Paddy Finn and Duncan O’Toole